Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chivalry is not dead!

After saying good-bye a second time to our Aussie friends, we headed to the bus stop. Wow – way crowded and did not know how all of us was going to fit on the bus. We were towards the back, so the seats had already been filled. We didn’t care for ourselves, just the kids, but it was for only one stop. We could manage. As soon as Morgan and I stepped on the bus, two young men jumped out of their seats and offered them to us. OK, where in the US do you see that on a daily basis? (I know you guys reading this would, but the majority would not.) I’ll say this about Australians; they do want to help you out. We were packed like sardines to say the least. The bus driver was livid, yet never yelled when she voiced her frustration over passengers that were blocking her view. Once at our stop, the sea of people departed and we were off to our apartment. What an adventure!

No comments: