


Our travel day started promptly at 9:45 AM when the
Mears van picked us up. Once at the airport we quickly learned our youngest was not going to have the strength to carry both bags... or one. It's been a little rough with Scott carrying three bags, Mason pushing one, I've got four, and Morgan roaming free. (She's been great though - she'll hold on to one of Scott's bags as we walk.) We made it through security with no problems, and the American Airlines staff has been wonderful. The kids made a friend prior to boarding and a Japanese woman just walked up to Morgan and wanted to give her a container of
Pringles. (It amazes me how people just walk up to Morgan and want to give her things.) Mason was a bit nervous right before the plane took off. He was afraid that his ears were going hurt. Morgan could not stop laughing as the plane ascended into the big blue sky. Our only big issue came about when the plane lifted up, the passports in my bag slide out. I was able to catch three, but one slipped away - and under a extremely small crack for the fire extinguisher case. The situation was looking pretty grim, with a call going to be made to the LA ground maintenance to tear apart the case, but Scott was able to retrieve it. The kids got a bit restless, but extremely good considering. I'll say this - the
Leapster and
DS are life savers. It's helped so much during the trip so far. The flight attendants rewarded the kids with two huge chocolate chip cookies and believe it or not a container of
Pringles for their behavior. They each
received a pair of wings (which we found out is rare - most airlines are not carrying them anymore.) Right now we are sitting in the LA airport awaiting our
Quantas flight to Sydney. Only two more hours before we depart. The next flight should be interesting. ;-)
6 comments:
Thanks for the update, Honey. Glad you retrieved the passport without too much of a problem ..also glad to hear how smooth the trip is going..Having frequent updates really helps my nerves..also allows us to share in your blessings..I can just imagine the WOW on the kids faces as the plane took off.
Much Love,
Mom
PS Thank you Jesus for keeping them safe yesterday and we pray continued watch care over them as your angels fly with them to Sidney and beyond.
It's so great to be able to experience this with you via your blog! Thanks so much for taking the time to share each little piece of your journey. I pray that the second half will be safe and complication free!!! I look forward to reading more!
Happy Trails!
Janet
Hey guys! Mom told me that you called yesterday and are there safe and sound! Sounds like everything went smoothly! Glad you got the passport back ( I would have been freaking out!!!) without a problem. So, do Morgan and Mason love to fly? Can't wait to see more updates! Would love to see pictures of your new place!
Love you guys!!!
p.s. I LOVE MASON'S HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok... I can only imagine the stress of that flight, all the luggage & then to lose a passport in an extremely small place. Thank God Scott was able to get the passport out! whew! my stress level is skyrocketing just reading about it :)
love, Melanie
you guys are troopers! I can only imagine flying with my kids on a flight that long! Love you, miss you already!
Post a Comment