Tuesday, March 17, 2009

LEPRECHAUNS!!!

Today I actually remembered to bring the camera to preschool. Morgan’s poster has been hanging outside the classroom way past her reign as Star Student. I knew if I didn’t snap a photo this morning, I would miss my chance. As we were approaching the room, loud chattering and squeals were echoing down the hall. One of Morgan’s classmates yells, “They came, they were here, they left foot prints!!!” Low and behold, the leprechauns had attacked Mrs. Barretto’s room last night. Oh how I wish I had my video camera! As each student was being dropped off, the whole show-and-tell process started all over again with the volume increasing each time. Talk about imagination – they started checking out the entire area and had discovered the mulch on the playground was messed up and the tiny folk had scribbled all over a YMCA poster!!! (The mulch looks like that every day, and the signatures have been on that poster for months! LOL!) Once the students were calmed down (Mrs. Barretto is such an amazing teacher. I don’t know how she stays cool, calm and collective through all the noise!), their wonderful teacher had them use the word of the week: IMPROVISE to figure out what solutions they could come up with to take care of the problem at hand. Cleaning was on top of the list as well as using all the confetti on the floor for the daily art project. But the real fun began once the students walked into the room. You see, all of this commotion was just from looking through the front door's window. Once inside, students were scrambling about the room uncovering every single mischievous leprechaun deed. On the damaged list was one of Moran’s paintings. She just couldn’t believe it! I’m enjoying the peace and quiet now because I know it starts all over again once I pick her up from school. Now those leprechauns better not follow us home!



1 comment:

Tracy said...

The teachers at your kids' school rock. ROCK! I love how much they celebrate birthdays and holidays. I worry that too many teachers these days are just way too serious with our little ones. There is plenty of time in the day for academics AND fun!