Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Caramel Covered Camera

After finishing up with the pumpkin math activity, it was time to tackle my last volunteering job of the day – Ms. Heiselman’s Fall Festival. So many wonderful parents and grand-parents came out to help, that many of the tasks were filled quickly. It looked like my only job would be photographing the event. Oh please, twist my arm! ;-) I did manage to capture a few shots before noticing the parent in charge of the caramel apple station was in the midst of a sticky situation. Without thinking, I jumped right in to assist with containing each drizzled, sprinkled fruit into a baggie for the kids to eat later. By the time I thought of snapping shots, the event was over. As I looked down at my Nikon, my heart dropped. You could have stuck a stick in it and called it a caramel apple. Thank goodness for baby wipes! The Fall Festival was a huge success, but next time I think I’ll leave the Nikon at home.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Glad there was no permanent damage to the Nikon. That would have been bad...very, very bad. Hope you took a caramel treat home for yourself after your day of volunteering!