Today I had the rare opportunity to watch M & M in their Tumbling and Hip Hop classes. Parents are forbidden to watch unless it is an official parent viewing night. It was interesting to see how each instructor tackles on the challenge of teaching four to seven year olds. The tumbling teacher, Mr. Api, is also the owner who is busy during the day as a monkey in the Animal Kingdom’s Lion King Performance. Mr. Api actually has played many of the dance/acrobatic parts for Disney over the past few years. I don’t know much about the Hip Hop teacher other than her name is Ms. Wendy, but what I do know is that my poor kids need to work on their street cred! They definitely need lessons in funk and soul! LOL! Mason has been begging to add Tap to our ever demanding schedule. Between his desire to act and dance, maybe I’ll have a Patrick Swayze on my hands! Below are some photos and video from the night. Spoiler Alert: M & M cannot yet do cart wheels, but it is sure funny to watch them try.
Looks like fun! As Emily would say, "Your children look rather gangster...I'm quite gangster myself..." LOL! And you know, if you listened to more hip hop music at home, it would help them out!
* "Morgan, you need to get your brain into my brain!" - Mason (trying to order his sister around!)
* "Where is the whooshie tooter?" - Morgan (to Mason) * "How do you use the force?" - Mason (to Mommy)
* "Mommy, where is Daddy?" He is cleaning his room. (Without missing a beat and with a surprised face) "I didn't know that Daddy had toys too!" - Morgan
* I am not on your team! I am a princess fairy! - Morgan (to Mason)
* My new name is Walking Brain. - Mason
* Do you know those guys, the ones who wear makeup, but not girl make up, boy make up, with the black and the white... (referring to KISS) - Morgan
* (After coming from the garage) I check back and forth to see where the spiders are. They are like the cars and I am like the person walking across the street. I have to be careful. - Mason
* One of Morgan's classmates says, "I have been to Disney on Ice!" Morgan's reply, "Well, I have been to Disney on Land!" - Morgan
1 comment:
Looks like fun! As Emily would say, "Your children look rather gangster...I'm quite gangster myself..." LOL! And you know, if you listened to more hip hop music at home, it would help them out!
Post a Comment