
The day started promptly at 3:30 AM with the annoying alarm clock reminding me it was time to get 15 miles in before seven this morning. We had to get our daughter ready for her début as a marching twirler. Morgan’s baton group, Sundancers, participated in the annual Veteran’s Day parade. We needed to hurry up and be there at nine, so we could stand around and wait for an hour and a half before our section of the parade would even start marching. The time flew by while we rookie moms soaked up all the knowledge from the pros. All of the girls were excited to be there, and everyone, including myself, was snapping photos like crazy. Scott and Mason found a perfect spot to watch us come by. Since it was Morgan’s first parade, I decided to partake in the two mile route through downtown Orlando with her just in case she felt scared and/or tired. That never happened. She was in full majorette mode!!! Scott had the Nikon for close ups. I brought the little Sony camera since it has videotaping abilities. It was my p

lan to capture footage of the beginners’ routine at one of their stops. At the first available moment, I ran off to Morgan’s side of the lineup, pressed play and the camera said “NO”! After fiddling with it for a few more seconds, it hit me… Did I replace the memory stick after my last download?” The empty space for the card was all the information I needed. And all of those photos I took earlier? All those moments were never captured. Why, oh why do they not make memory cards for humans?! My brain needs more memory as well as an upgrade! Funny enough, I was at peace with the situation. I could relax and simply enjoy the experience. I’ll get my chance next month at St. Cloud’s Christmas parade. Scott and Mason surprised us by appearing at the end of the loop, which was a very good thing since we had about an hour before our next Saturday event – flag football. Even with all the running around, we still had a great time. So, stay tuned for the next parade… I should have video of it.
1 comment:
I own two cameras...my SLR and my p&s. I went at least one entire week where I was without a camera and/or without my camera card. But you're right, it did make me just sit back and enjoy the moment(s).
Morgan is a beautiful majorette. I can't believe you wake up at 3 in the morning to go running before you walk 2 miles in a parade! I need you to be my personal trainer.
Post a Comment