Sunday, December 21, 2008

They’re Back…In Black…ICE!

I actually jumped out of my chair when I received the news from Scott we would be attending the AC/DC Black Ice Tour in Tampa on December 21st. In my book (and for the entire world) they are rock legends… though in Australia they are known as rock gods. I did not know what to expect, but I knew it would be rockin’! As we approached the stadium, hordes of people were swarming the outer edge. Quite a few people with desperate faces were frantically waving signs and stating “Need Tickets”. I held on tightly to ours in fear of someone snatching them from my hand. Once inside, we headed straight to the merchandise!

Once properly hooked up, we preceded to our nose bleed seats. We were on the next to the last row… THE very last row – the row with the wall behind it. After sitting down, I dared not to stand back up in fear of falling. The slope in that forum freaks me out! Yet despite our location, the view was not bad at all. Scott and I were quite shocked to see families with young children attending, and I’m not talking about teenagers. We expected to see that, in fact we had a father with his two teen- aged sons rocking in front of us. No, I’m talking about kids – youngest at seven years of age at this concert. The content of their concert is NOT intended for this age group. Plus, we saw large families, sitting in better seats then us. I thought this was a bad economy or maybe they are just dedicated fans.

The opening band was an Irish rock group called The Answer. They remind me of a cross between Led Zeppelin and The Black Crows. They were really good, but I anxiously waited to see the featured act. And then it happened… darkness fell, you hear sounds of an approaching train, and on the video screen appears just that – and not just any train – It’s the AC/DC train and fully loaded. Let’s just say this video was classic and typical from the rockers from down under. To actually see it (and WARNING its rated R), go to YouTube and search “Black Ice Tour Train Intro”. As I’m watching it, I can’t help thinking about all those kids in the audience and what questions they will start asking their parents after seeing this provocative piece!!! At the end of the video clip the train is heading full steam ahead... about to crash straight in front of us, and that it does… on the STAGE!

The concert totally rocked!!! It was the best concert I have ever been to – EVER! Every song, every moment was amazing –from Brian Johnson’s swinging from the bell to the moment those cannons fire for “For Those About to Rock” – priceless I tell you. But who stole the show – hands down – ANGUS!! I am so honored to have seen him play live. How that man can still play like he does is amazing! I turned to Scott and said, “Why didn’t we name our son Angus?!” , and he gives me a dirty look. (Because Scott actually did want to name Mason that. I refused, and now kind of regret it.)

If you can ever go to one of their concerts – DON’T MISS THE OPPORTUNITY! Below are some photos from our camera phone. I wish I would have brought a small camera with video -taping ability. But again, you can see numerous clips from their world tour on YouTube. Hope you enjoy the clip, and Rock On!”





This blog entry is dedicated to my brother, Matthew!


We would like to send out a very special thank you to my brother, Matthew, for babysitting Mason and Morgan while we were at the concert. Not just for taking time out of his schedule to spend time bonding with his nephew and niece, but he still insisted to take care of them while sick with the stomach virus. Oh and it gets better, not only was he dealing with himself being sick, but at 9:00 PM Morgan started her version of the “porcelain run”! He had to clean up after her three times, and washed her hair twice! I LOVE YOU, BRO! YOU ROCK!

No comments: