Our next stop was Kaitoke Regional Park where Peter Jackson and crew filmed the Rivendell scenes. Yet another incredible place to explore. Everything was so green and luscious. As we walked along some parts of the park, I asked if King Kong had been filmed there as well. Ted smiled, agreed with me that it definitely looked that way - but the Kong jungle scenes were all digital.
In the photo below, the kids and I were a bit leery of "hiding" in the tree. I quickly asked how many poisonous snakes New Zealand had. Because at least 15 out of the top 20 poisonous snakes in the world are from Australia. Ted again smiled, and said, "None!" In fact, there are NO snakes on either island.
And here is the third segment in the who knows how many more for just day one in New Zealand Tour Videos... hope you enjoy!
* "Morgan, you need to get your brain into my brain!" - Mason (trying to order his sister around!)
* "Where is the whooshie tooter?" - Morgan (to Mason) * "How do you use the force?" - Mason (to Mommy)
* "Mommy, where is Daddy?" He is cleaning his room. (Without missing a beat and with a surprised face) "I didn't know that Daddy had toys too!" - Morgan
* I am not on your team! I am a princess fairy! - Morgan (to Mason)
* My new name is Walking Brain. - Mason
* Do you know those guys, the ones who wear makeup, but not girl make up, boy make up, with the black and the white... (referring to KISS) - Morgan
* (After coming from the garage) I check back and forth to see where the spiders are. They are like the cars and I am like the person walking across the street. I have to be careful. - Mason
* One of Morgan's classmates says, "I have been to Disney on Ice!" Morgan's reply, "Well, I have been to Disney on Land!" - Morgan
No comments:
Post a Comment